Unity in Rockport is still in the midst of construction after Harvey — including the children’s area. Children are welcome to join us in the service.
If you have questions, want to assist with developing our children’s programs, or would like to suggest an activity, please contact us. Here is information about Unity’s approach to educating children.
We are here to guide our children and youth on their spiritual journey and to help them to recognize their own Divine nature. In the words of Myrtle Fillmore, “We are here not to entertain the children, but to call them out.”
Our mission is not to entertain the children, but to call them out. To be always entertained is to be dwarfed and dependent. To be “called out” is to follow the harmonious law of the soul’s unfoldment. Who meddles with the rosebud? What fingers are deft enough to pry open that marvel of folded beauty? We are wise enough to leave it alone to follow the glad law of its own unfolding, but our children! Have we dealt as wisely with these buds of marvelous possibilities? Have we always remembered that they, too, must quicken and unfold through the innate law of their own genius?
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s Divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the Truth I know. I make a difference.